Lincolnton United Methodist Church has participated in this outreach mission, sponsored by Samaritan’s Purse, to pack shoeboxes to send around the world since 2010. The mission of Operation Christmas Child is to demonstrate God’s love in a tangible way to children in need around the world. Through this project, Samaritan’s Purse1 partners with the local church worldwide to share the Good News of Jesus Christ and make disciples of the nations. More information can be found at: https://www.samaritanspurse.org/operation-christmas-child/
Please click on the link below for information on 2023 information and several links for ordering shoebox supplies..
In 2021, LUMC packed 180 shoeboxes that were sent to children in Senegal, Burkina Faso, and hard to-reach areas.
- Senegal is a country on the northwest coast of Africa containing a number of trade and transportation routes. It is known as the gateway to Africa. Samaritan’s Purse began distributing gift-filled shoeboxes in Senegal in 2004 and launched The Greatest Journey, the follow-up discipleship program, in this nation in 2010.
- Burkina Faso is located in West Africa and is home to a large rural population that is known to be honest. This fits well since the country’s name means “Land of Incorruptible People.” Samaritan’s Purse started delivering Operation Christmas Child shoebox gifts to children here in 1999 and by 2011 began offering them The Greatest Journey, the follow-up discipleship course, that teaches boys and girls how to follow Christ and share Him with others.
- We are also honored that our shoeboxes were selected for the special purpose of going to hard-to-reach areas. Such regions are difficult to access due to customs, cultural, or religious reasons, but these gift-filled shoeboxes give local believers a sensitive way to initiate ongoing relationships with those who may not know Christ. The box helps equip Christian brothers and sisters to take great risks to advance the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Since 1993, Samaritan’s Purse has delivered shoebox gifts to more than 70 hard-to-reach countries.
Our goal for 2022 is 200 boxes.
We collect year-round so that we can fill boxes with as much joy and purpose as possible! We include toys, comfort gifts, fun fillers, school supplies, hygiene supplies, first aid kits, and sewing or fishing kits. We also bless the boxes by including personal notes from the children who participate in Club Christ, our monthly children’s ministry and then pray for each recipient during our Shoebox Dedication Sunday which will be on November 13, 2022 this year.
Your donations of items help make this possible!
- WOW gifts
- Balls, Dolls, Trucks
- Comfort gifts
- Stuffed Animals, clothing, socks, gloves, water bottles, flip flops
- Fun Fillers
- Crayons, colored pencils, coloring books, games, play dough, music equipment, jump ropes, yo-yo’s
- School Supplies
- Bags, pencils, sharpeners, paper, glue sticks, scissors
- Hygiene Supplies
- Washcloths, soap, toothbrushes, floss, nail clippers
- First Aid Supplies
- Bandaids, Qtips, cotton balls, alcohol swabs, tweezers
- Productivity gifts
- Sewing kits
- Fishing kits
- Tool kits (no matches or blades)
1Samaritan’s Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Amazon Gift Registry: Use this link to see what we need if you’re interested in ordering from Amazon! https://www.amazon.com/registries/custom/269XLQ8CVC7R7/guest-view
Walmart Gift Registry: Click on link below.
If you have any questions, please contact the church office at 706-359-4339.